Well after a loong search I found the product I have been looking for to make the finish quality as I want on my mould making... on Friday I got some 3m Dry Guide powder.. works a treat to see any imperfections, pin holes, sandpaper scratches.. am looking for a 50ltr 2.5-3hp compressor this weekend... and am STILL on the lookout for suitable tubular exhaust manifolds... The shaker bonnet vent has been carved in craft foam.. it was bigger than the sheets of craft foam I had... so I have to make a jigsaw puzzle out of it and clue it together... has had quite a few coats of RAge Gold filler now... just got a little bit of sanding left to do on it.. is dam hard thought in this weather... my missus naturally has bannished me to the backyard... am not allowed to use the kitchen anymore as the house is up for sale.. whoa is me.. is bloody cold... Next job is fitting the rear lights.. finally got my head around how I am going to install them.. then onto finishing the bonnet so it is ready to make a mould from and then the shaker vent can be fitted into it... Man I am bloody slack.. I see I still havent put any pics of the shaker vent progress or the gaz shocks and lowering spring on yet...
Wheres The Fun In Production...Dare To Be Different & Go Custom!!!
Pictured are a pair of Rally Design 1" drop H/D front lowering springs, which just so happened to match fairbly closely with the colour of the Gaz shocks www.teamdmuk.com/gallery/albums/Eagle SS V8/rally-design-springs.jpg[/img]
The craft foam is extruded styrofoam ... to make the base of the vent none of the pices I had were big enough.. o I had to cut and glue pieces together to get the "rough" shape. I used a dremel to shape the recessed vents.
I have mostly used Rage Gold filler to coat the foam due to its easy sanding nature.... I have to correct one side of it as the shae is a bit out... and am n the process of making the ridge from the bottom/middle of the vent staight up to inbetween the two vent openings.